The Salt Spring Museum is operated by the Salt Spring Farmers Heritage Foundation and is intended to illustrate the lives of the early settlers on Salt Spring Island from around 1880 to 1950. It is situated in the 1884 Bittancourt House, located on the grounds of the Farmers Institute at 351 Rainbow Road.
The foundation is a registered charitable organization and can issue tax receipts for donations of artifacts or funds to the museum. All of the artifacts in the museum have been donated or loaned by Salt Spring Island families and so have a direct connection to the island.
Volunteers from the Farmers Institute have recently added two extensions to the building to accommodate the expanding collection.
For more information please email email@example.com
John Fulker: 250-537-4895
Tony Threlfall: 250-537-4535